July 11, 2020 @ 10:30 AM
July 11, 2020 @ 11:30 PM
*100% FREE and open to ALL ages*
In an effort to provide young Jains a medium for exploration and learning, we are proud to announce YJA Day 2020 on Saturday, July 11, 2020. Adopting the original theme from the 2020 YJA Convention, we will be “Progressing with Purpose” through a variety of online programming. During this day of online engagement, we hope each attendee and viewer will take the opportunity to dive inwards and self-discover their purpose, while sharing and learning from each other.
YJA Day 2020 will address the social issues and hurdles our community and the world-at-large face head-on. To do this we have brought together an inspiring roster of guest speakers composed of leaders, activists, and experts in their fields. We are excited to share that our Keynote Address delivered by author, actor, and activist Maulik Pancholy. Here’s a glance at some of the truly amazing speakers who will be joining us on July 11th:
- Keynote Speaker: Maulik Pancholy - Actor (30 Rock, Phineas and Ferb), Author (The Best at It), and Activist (Obama WH AAPI, LGBTQIA+)
- Parag Mehta - Executive Director & SVP at Mastercard’s Center for Inclusive Growth, LGBTQ+ Activist
- Vaibhav Jain - Public Health Researcher, LGBTQ+ Activist
- Ambika Bumb - Health, Science, Technology Advisor for the US Department of State’s Crisis Management and Strategy
- Brittany Oliver - Anti-Racism and Social Justice Advocate
- Vivek Maru - Founder of Namati, Grassroots Legal and Environmental Justice Activist
- Rahul Dubey - Innovator, Entrepreneur, and Ally
- Aanya Gandhi - Marketing Professional
- Tejal Shah - Jain Scholar and Teacher
- Avni Talsania - E-RYT500 Yoga Teacher
We are excited to invite you to what is sure to be an insightful and impactful day.
Virtual attendance is 100% FREE and open to ALL ages! Visit virtual.yja.org to register and build your own personalized schedule based on your interests.
Note: Participation in select interactive programming will be limited to attendees aged 14-29.