Virtual at Gather.town
February 27, 2021 @
February 27, 2021 @
- Get ready to channel your inner Sherlock Holmes - it’s no mystery that we’re so excited to see you all there! This retreat is unlike any you’ve been to before, full of #midatlanticmystery and incredible adventures. Registration for this year’s Mid-Atlantic Virtual Retreat will cover an exclusive retreat shirt, activity kit, and platform cost. Can’t wait to see you there! Spots are limited, and you must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.
Young Jains of America presents YJA [Region] Virtual Retreat 2021 - a weekend of exploring the Jain Way of Life and of connecting with old and new friends alike. This year’s virtual retreat will take place from [Time - Time] on [Date].
Embarking on a drive as we laugh, sing, and make memories through the landscape of the Saucy South. From road tripping in our minivans and spending the night by the campfire, be sure to have a full tank of energy for this adventure!
You must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.
Your registration fee includes platform costs, activity, and a retreat t-shirt. You may choose to opt out of receiving the shirt - the price will be lowered accordingly, as reflected in the table below. Registration opens [Date] and closes at 11:59 PM ET on [Date].
|Opt-out of T-Shirt||$12|
|Registration with T-Shirt||$22|
To provide each attendee with a fulfilling experience, the actual total cost per person is well over the registration cost. YJA works very hard in fundraising during the year to help subsidize each attendee's cost of attendance. We would greatly appreciate it if you could help YJA by choosing the Unsubsidized pricing option at the time of payment. This would help us raise the money we need to ensure YJA remains affordable for as many potential attendees as possible.
For those that would like to attend but are in need of financial assistance, please download this Financial Assistance Form, fill it out, and email it to the YJA Co-Chairs at [email protected] Financial assistance is limited and will be awarded on a first-come first-serve basis until our allocation of funds is exhausted.
Retreats are an intimate environment where attendees will have an opportunity to learn about Jain values, connect with friends, and make memories lasting for a lifetime. As such, YJA wants to ensure that everyone in attendance has a great time.
There are a few basic but important ground rules that all attendees are expected to follow:
- Please be respectful of other attendees in your speech and actions. Any inappropriate comments or language will not be tolerated.
- There is a strict policy against consumption of alcohol or any other substances for the entire duration of the event.
- Those who are reported to have acted inappropriately or to have significantly impacted others’ retreat experiences in a negative way will be subject to consequences at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator and other members of YJA Board present at the retreat.
We want to state the boundaries of the event clearly to ensure that everyone learns, grows, is respected, and has fun! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email [region specific email].
- Gather.Town can be used on any type of computer (laptop, desktop) as well as on any OS software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux).
- Make sure to have either Google Chrome or Firefox available to use - please note that Gather does not work on Safari!
- Your computer must have a camera and microphone so that you are able to interact with other attendees!
How long are we going to be in sessions?
Most sessions will be between 60 and 90 minutes long. There will be ample time in between sessions for snack and restroom breaks.
Where can I find the Zoom link to my retreat?
Umang Lathia add here
Will there be breaks?
Yes! We have breaks built in throughout the day, as well as for meals. If, at any time, you need to step away from the screen, please feel free to do whatever is best for you.
What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes the platform, shipped activity, and retreat shirt.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please do so by emailing [email protected]. If the request is made within 24 hours of registration, you will receive a full refund. After the 24 hour period, you will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. No refunds will be issued after the registration deadline.