Virtual - Gather.Town
March 06, 2021 @
- Are you ready to take a sea-nic trip along the West Coast? Starting from sunny San Diego, all the way up to the mountains and waterfalls of Seattle, join us for this Road Trip along Highway 1! You don’t want to miss this adVANture of a lifetime! Registration for this year’s West Virtual Retreat will cover an exclusive retreat shirt, activity kit, and platform cost. Can’t wait to see you there! Spots are limited, and you must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.
Young Jains of America presents YJA West Virtual Retreat 2021 - a weekend of exploring the Jain Way of Life and of connecting with old and new friends alike. This year’s virtual retreat will take place from 10:30 AM PT to 11 PM PT on 3/6/2021. Are you ready to take a sea-nic trip along the West Coast? Starting from sunny San Diego, all the way up to the mountains and waterfalls of Seattle, join us for this Road Trip along Highway 1! You don’t want to miss this adVANture of a lifetime! Registration for this year’s West Virtual Retreat will cover an exclusive retreat shirt, activity kit, and platform cost. Can’t wait to see you there! Spots are limited, and you must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.
Your registration fee includes an activity kit, a retreat t-shirt, and platform costs. You may choose to opt-out of receiving the shirt, and the price will be lowered accordingly, as reflected in the table below, but you will still receive the activity kit. Registration opens on 1/26 and closes at 11:59 PM ET on 2/20, or whenever spots fill up, whichever is earlier. Note that due to shipping delays, any attendees who register after 2/17 may not receive their shirt prior to the retreat.
|Registration with T-Shirt||$25|
|Opt-out of T-Shirt||$12|
To provide each attendee with a fulfilling experience, the actual total cost per person is well over the registration cost. YJA works very hard in fundraising during the year to help subsidize each attendee's cost of attendance. We would greatly appreciate it if you could help YJA by choosing the Unsubsidized pricing option at the time of payment. This would help us raise the money we need to ensure YJA remains affordable for as many potential attendees as possible.
For those that would like to attend but are in need of financial assistance, please download this Financial Assistance Form, fill it out, and email it to the YJA Co-Chairs at [email protected]. Financial assistance is limited and will be awarded on a first-come first-serve basis until our allocation of funds is exhausted.
Retreats are an intimate environment where attendees will have an opportunity to learn about Jain values, connect with friends, and make memories lasting for a lifetime. As such, YJA wants to ensure that everyone in attendance has a great time.
There are a few basic but important ground rules that all attendees are expected to follow:
1) Please be respectful of other attendees in your speech and actions. Any inappropriate comments or language will not be tolerated.
2) There is a strict policy against the consumption of alcohol or any other substances for the entire duration of the event.
3) Those who are reported to have acted inappropriately or to have significantly impacted others’ retreat experiences in a negative way will be subject to consequences at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator and other members of YJA Board present at the retreat.
We want to state the boundaries of the event clearly to ensure that everyone learns, grows, is respected, and has fun! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
1) Gather.Town, the online platform we’ll be using for retreats, can be used on any type of computer (laptop, desktop) as well as on any OS software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux).
2) Make sure to have either Google Chrome or Firefox available to use - please note that Gather.Town does not work on Safari!
3) Your computer must have a camera and microphone so that you are able to interact with other attendees!
How long are we going to be in sessions?
Most sessions will be between 60 and 90 minutes long. There will be ample time in between sessions for snack and restroom breaks.
Where can I find the Gather link to my retreat?
The virtual platform link will be emailed to you approximately 1 week before the retreat date.
Will there be breaks?
Yes! We have breaks built in throughout the day to alleviate screen fatigue. If you need to step away from the screen, please feel free to do so whenever is best for you.
What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes the platform fee, shipped activity kit, and retreat shirt, unless you opt out of the shirt.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please do so by emailing [email protected]. If the request is made within 48 hours of registration, you will receive a full refund. After the 48 hour period, you will receive a 30% refund of the registration fee. No refunds will be issued after the registration deadline.