Federation of Jain Associations in North America
JAINA is Federation of Jain Associations in North America – an umbrella organization that aims to foster friendship and unity among all Jains. JAINA works to advance the key Jain teachings and practices such as: non-violence, tolerance, ecology, compassion and service as well as to facilitate meaningful academic, cultural and business interchanges. JAINA was started with blessings from Gurudev Shri Chitrabhanuji and Acharya Shri Sushil Kumarji. It was initiated at the first Jain Convention held in Los Angeles in 1981 and formalized at the second Jain Convention in New York in 1983. Today, JAINA represents over 160,000 Jains and over 67 Jain organizations, has over 25 active committees and 19 active projects, and has held conventions every two years since 1981. JAINA is led by the JAINA Executive Committee and JAINA Directors.
JAINA’s youth services include:
- Young Jains of America;
- Young Jain Professionals;
- Jain Networking Forum;
- Campus Outreach, connecting Jain students across college campuses;
- JAINA Academic Scholarship Program;
- Jain Youth Exchange Program; and
- JAINA Student Internships.
Young Jain Professionals
YJP’s mission is to increase the awareness and understanding of Jain principles and heritage by promoting networking among Jain professionals, ages 24+.
YJP’s objectives are to:
- Raise awareness of Jain principles;
- Cultivate and foster future leaders;
- Facilitate peer networking;
- Promote and engage in community service;
- Provide guidance to young people interested in a Jain lifestyle;
- Collaborate with other organizations to promote Jain ideals; and
- Provide a forum for succession from YJA to JAINA.
Young Jains UK
Young Jains UK is a non-sectarian organisation that encourages the discussion and exploration of Jain philosophy, spirituality and its practical importance to life. Formed in 1987, it is an independent non-profit making charitable organisation (registered charity no 1005856). Activities include discussions, retreats, debates, quiz nights, musical evenings, study sessions, conventions, etc. which are held on various themes and topics including: understanding Jain principles, ethics, the environment, debating social concerns, health matters, visiting temples and increasing awareness about other faiths. Young Jains provides an opportunity for its members to be actively involved in delivering events and develop skills that are applicable to all aspects of life. Everyone is most welcome to the Young Jains Experience regardless of age, caste, nationality, faith, etc.
Mission Statement: A non-profit making society dedicated to the promotion of Jainism in the western world.
YJUK's objectives are to:
- To create a better understanding of Jain philosophy, practice and culture.
- To address the problems faced by young Jains in the UK.
- To take a further step towards adapting to a multi-cultural environment and living in multi-racial harmony.
- To prove that each one of us is talented and by working together, we can learn to respect ourselves and all around us.
Young Jains of Singapore
Young Jains of Singapore was formed to build up a strong sense of comradeship between Jain youths from ages 13 yrs to 25 yrs. The members of this group organise their own activities and also take part in organising and conducting activities for the society. Their latest event for SG 50, "Under One Roof" was planned, organised and excuted by the youth team & support of the main committee of Singapore Jain Religious Society(SJRS). YJS is preparing the youth to step up & work together in order to provide as much support together with our senior team SJRS to bring Jainism in Singagore to greater heights.
Vision: To encourage youth to step out of their comfort zone, work together & be proud Jains.
Mission: To incorporate Jain values & principles in the members' daily family, working and social interactions.