You can join the event here!
*** Registration Required ***
Join our next YJA Swadhyay Group session on Sunday, January 30th, which will run from 8:30-9:30 PM ET. Speaker Param Samyaktaji Mahasatiji will delve into the concept of Mantra and Meditation.
Registration link: https://bit.ly/yja-swadhyay-reg. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Zoom meeting. You will only be admitted into the Zoom meeting if you have registered.
If you need any accommodations, please contact [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you there!
swadhyay (n.) — a guided discovery of oneself through the study of Jain teachings and introspection
The YJA Swadhyay Group is an advanced Jainism class intended for college students and working professionals up to the age of 29 who want to deepen their understanding of Jainism.
“Follow the path not because I say so, but because it is the Truth,” were the words of Bhagwan Mahavir to his disciples. Param Samyaktaji Mahasatiji’s journey also began with the same thirst to understand the truth in totality before embracing it. She pursued her B. Com degree from a reputed university in Pune (India), and simultaneously analysed it with the life management science of Bhagwan Mahavir. After exploring where does true happiness lie, she decided to advance on the path of spirituality. She has been blessed with the vows of Jain Diksha by Rashtrasant Param Gurudev Shree Namramuni Maharaj Saheb in 2018.
Before embracing the path of Diksha, Param Mahasatiji has delivered lectures during the Paryushan Mahaparva at Uganda (Africa). She has delivered profound lectures on Shree Uttaradhyayan Sutra in 2019 at Kolkata and July 2021 for International School For Jain Studies (ISJS). 2020 was an exceptional year where most spiritual festivals were also conducted in a virtual format. And the Jain festival of Paryushan Mahaparva was no different. During this global Paryushan, Param Mahasatiji has delivered sessions to spiritual aspirants from Florida, Washington, Virginia, Tempa Bay, Seattle and Leicester through live webcast.
- What is the YJA Swadhyay Group? The YJA Swadhyay Group is an advanced Jainism class for YJA college students and working professionals who want to deepen their understanding of Jainism.
- Who will be leading the session? Each session will be led by a speaker from the Jain community.
- What are the requirements for joining? You must be a North America-based YJA-aged college student or a working professional to join (up till the age of 29).
- Do I need to have attended previous sessions in order to join this one? No! Each session will still be rewarding and learning-filled.
- Where can I register? Please register at https://bit.ly/yja-swadhyay-reg. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- How much background in Jainism is recommended for this session? None! If you are unsure of whether this class is right for you, feel free to try a session out!
- What do I need? We recommend bringing a notebook, writing utensil, and yourself to YJA Swadhyay Group session!
Who do I contact for more information? Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/yja-swadhyay-reg